Supporting Our Associates & Customers
We are truly grateful to our associates for the vital service they are providing to our communities during these unprecedented times. In the past several weeks, we have taken a number of measures to help them and our customers stay safe and healthy.
Steps Taken to Keep Everyone Safe
- We have reduced store hours, and suspended and reduced some offerings so that associates will have ample time for cleaning, sanitizing and resetting our work areas.
- We have increased pickup & delivery service options for customers to help minimize contact and maintain social distancing.
- Other steps include taking the temperatures of our associates as they report to work, and requiring that associates wear masks or other face coverings at work as well as gloves.
- We continue to advise associates on best practices for maintaining good health as set forth by the CDC to assure a safe and healthy environment for our employees and customers.
We are so appreciative of the work our employees are doing to continue serving customers. Thank you, #TeamBHG, for all you do.
Giving Back to the Communities We Serve
- In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are humbled by our store associates, nonprofit partners and citizens across the globe who are coming together to support those in need. In addition to providing small grants upon request to all our associates, we joined Chef Erik and implemented the Charlotte area version of Power of 10 (link). In the first two weeks after launch, we served 2,000 meals to our staff in need and to many Charlotteans who were graduates of the Community Culinary School of Charlotte (link). We are trying to continue to raise funds to keep the Power of 10 going in Charlotte and expand it to Greensboro and Columbia as long as there is a need. Please consider a donation to this worthy cause.
- We continue our support for No Kid Hungry (NKH) to get Charlotte’s Taste of the Nation for NKH back on track to help feed North Carolina children in need. During this crisis, NKH has been making grants all across the US, including North Carolina.
- We will continue to work with our individual restaurant proprietors to help meet the needs of our community whenever possible.
Take Home Service via Curbside or Delivery
- Our Take Home Program offers an abbreviated selection of a la carte items we think are best enjoyed at home. Our sharing dinners for 2 or 4 are offered to be enjoyed family style. We will continue to add specials on certain days to give even more selection and variety. Please check the website often.
- Some popular signature items are not available because the quality of the dishes cannot be duplicated in a takeout or delivery scenario.
- We encourage our guests to order from Door Dash where available online. Or, call the restaurant and provide your credit card information for ease of pick up. All available modifications are limited and listed.
- Gratuities are shared equally among the culinary and take home support staff.
- We will gladly deliver your order to your car or curbside or through a delivery partner.
- Presentation can also be important when enjoying a meal and using your own plates and serving dishes can add to the experience. We do not offer utensils as our food is intended to be enjoyed at home.